Tires

To: fergie@ntplx.net
Subject: Tires
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 08:51:15
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>Do any of you have recommendations as to the best tires
>to put on a TR4-4A? Size is 165-15, I think, but please
>confirm that as well.

Michael,

Yes, the size is 165-15.

I have been investigating the same thing for a set of 60 spoke, 4.5 inch
wide rim wheels too.  We could talk on the phone, if what I supplied here
isn't enough.  I am still at a loss as to what to buy, I'm still gathering
others input, but the following are (may be) available:

Being heavily considered by me:

Vredestein Sprint       ($56)
Dunlop SP20             ($38 to $45)
Michelin XZX            ($54 or $94, depending on who you call)
AVON Turbospeed         (Waiting for pricing)

Pricing is tires only, no tubes, rims strips or shipping.

Others out there, probably acceptable too:
Firestone
Sempiere
Semperet
BF Goodrich  (3/4 inch white walls)
Cooper  (I believe these have a very small diameter [circumference])
Aurora

I can be reached, until noon EST today at Brooks@belcotech.com, or if you
desire, I could get you my home phone number for a call over the weekend.

Later,

Jack