RE: electrical drain from alternator - 75 TR6

To: <Huppertc@aol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: electrical drain from alternator - 75 TR6
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 20:48:40 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Seems to me the dash light problem is something else.  Since there is no
power to the dash lights unless the light switch is on, the drain is finding
its way to ground through the dash lights.  It's source must be some circuit
that is always on.  If disconnecting the rheostat cuts the drain, you have
eliminated the path to ground, not the short itself.  Look north of the
rheostat for the short itself.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK