Re: TR2 fuel plumbing

To: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Subject: Re: TR2 fuel plumbing
From: Jim Bauder <JimBPPS@att.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 12:35:22 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
John,

You have expressed my phlosophy on restoration to a T. I also have
the same reservations on the replacement fuel line. I had almost
resigned myself to accept the new braided steel abomination (metric
threads and all!!!).

I did keep all the original fittings just in case I found a source of the
bare fuel line. I thought I could crimp/swage the new line to the old
fittings. But I haven't had a chance to really do any research in that
direction as yet.

Please let me and the list know if you hear of a more reasonable
replacement for the original steel braid banjo style fittings.

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3 in fewer and fewer boxes!!
Palo Alto, CA