TR2 fuel plumbing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR2 fuel plumbing
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 15:00:47 +0100 (BST)
I have spent much time and good deal of cash on this part of my on going
restoration. As has been my policy from go I intended to retain and
re-furbish as much as possible of the original parts as I am convinced in
the majority of cases, reproduction bits fall far short of the original it
is supposed to replace as regard to quality. Now for the gripe. After
rebuilding the carbs using the aforementioned guidelines. I ordered
essential parts including the carb to carb line and the line back to the
fuel pump. It seems these are only available in a braided steel line with
either the banjo joints soldered in place or threaded on with a captive
nut. Is the original type line not available in mild steel or copper even
?. This flexible stuff looks all wrong. Does anyone know where might be a
general source of this type of pipe ?. The I.D is about 3/8. What have
other listers done when faced with this one ?. Also the supply the pipe
from carb to carb far to long and it has to be bent up in a large bend to
fit. Two suppliers in G.B say this is the way it is like it or not.

John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)
1964 Triumph 3TA 350cc (a little gem)
Trinity College
Dublin,
IRELAND.