Re: Third time's a charm? NO! - to VA's defense

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Third time's a charm? NO! - to VA's defense
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 10:08:49 PDT
Reply follows:

>Will,
>if you think you've got it bad. I had a VA state inspector fail my >'76
Spitfire because it had no catalytic converter, or air-pump. I >told him
that the cylinder heads had no ports for an air-manifold to >mount to,
and even showed him the "this is a non-catalytic converter >vehicle"
plate that's mounted on the door Jam. I argued with the guy >for 15
minutes, and the end result was "I have to go by what's in >the book and
without those items, I'm not even going to put your car >on the
treadmill. You fail." Needless to say, my new address is in >Maryland.

>-Terry Thompson

>Happy non-resident of a
crappy-backwater-common-wealth-banjo->plucking-no-decent-liquor-stores-car-taxing

state.

Wow someone has some serious issues with VA.  I take it you're a
transplant from somewhere and have a job in NOVA (Northern Virginia for
those of you not from here).  Its a common fact that the closer you get
to DC the less friendly ppl get. (No offense to anyone in NOVA I'm
referring to the inspectors)  If you would have gotten your car
inspected here in Southern Virginia they wouldn't even check emissions.
Here, they could care less if I have any emmissions equipment when its
state inspection time.

becaue I realize you have no idea what you're talking about and you are
obviously bitter for reasons that the Commonwealth of VA has little to
do with.  Just a bit of correction though, the car tax laws have been
changed and will be phased out over the next few years.

Cheers

Ryan Smith
Lifelong resident of the Commonwealth of Virginia with roots back to
1738 (14th generation)

Emerald Green, 72 Spitfire