Re: Third time's a charm? NO!

To: Toad@nlights.net
Subject: Re: Third time's a charm? NO!
From: Terry Thompson <terry_t@access.digex.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 09:47:54 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Will,
if you think you've got it bad. I had a VA state inspector fail my '76
Spitfire because it had no catalytic converter, or air-pump. I told him
that the cylinder heads had no ports for an air-manifold to mount to, and
even showed him the "this is a non-catalytic converter vehicle" plate
that's mounted on the door Jam. I argued with the guy for 15 minutes, and
the end result was "I have to go by what's in the book and without those
items, I'm not even going to put your car on the treadmill. You fail."

Needless to say, my new address is in Maryland.

-Terry Thompson
Happy non-resident of a
crappy-backwater-common-wealth-banjo-plucking-no-decent-liquor-stores-
car-taxing state.
& '76 Spitfire owner

I hate those ugly inspection stickers they put on your window anyhow.