[no subject]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 11:07:57 -0700
Cc: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
When I had my car in for a minor repair to my LBC mechanic last week I noticed
when he drove off to test drive it that one stop light was brighter than the
other.  I didn't mention it to him but when I went to buy a bulb (1157) the guy
at the parts store said something about a burnt out bulb and I told him no it
was just dim.  He said that indicated that the ground was weak to that bulb.
Sure enough when I fiddled with the bulb holder I found that it was making a
weak ground right where all of those spring tabs fit into the hole.  When I hit
a good spot the bulb brightened up just like the other side.   I sanded the hole
and the tabs and haven't had that problem since.

I'm gong to clean up every ground and bulb holder and bulb (dash, gages, etc.)
that I can reach since my suspicion is that oxidation, dirt, etc. (and hence a
poor ground)  may be causing a lot of the dimness in lots of other bulbs.

Bud