Floor Pan Replacement

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Floor Pan Replacement
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 11:18:46 -0700
I'm thinking of replacing the left-hand (drivers) floor pan in my 71 TR6.  It
has rusted through and I want the peace of mind that I did it right when I go
ahead and  put in the alum. foil/bubble insulation and new carpet.

What is involved in doing this project?  Start with the seat obviously but what
other parts am I going to have to remove and possibly replace?

Are there somethings that should be done in a particular order that will save
some time and effort?  For example can I unbolt the tunnel and gearbox covers on
just one side and expect to be able to slide the floor pan in?  Any tips from
someone who has been there?

Thanks
Bud