Re: Parking lot crash

To: Dana & Jane Du Fresne <pumacon@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Parking lot crash
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 08:07:49 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Triumph autox <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Dana & Jane Du Fresne wrote:

> I'm leaning towards replacing it.  BTW, for those of you who have
> removed a rear wing, is it welded at any point or just bolted?

That depends on who last worked on it.  Body shops will often tack weld
the top edge here & there to hold it in place while they replace the bolts
(defeats the purpose of the bolts- which allow you to jiggle the fender
around before it's tight)

Such was the case on my TR4.  I think the TR6 uses similar mountings -
bolts all along the top edge, on the back of the door striker & rocker,
and down below the tail too.  Might be a bit different for the square-tail
though.

Anyohow, the fenders (wings) ARE designed to be removed.  Hope you can
find a suitable replacement!

-Malcolm