Skirted Thermostat

To: "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Skirted Thermostat
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 23:13:30 -0400
Hi people,

We have just been discussing skirted vs. non-skirted thermostats.  I hear
that orignial
style skirted ones are no longer available.  So, it is possible to create a
skirted
one from a functioning non-skirted one?

What exactly does the skirt do?  Does it move to occlude the bypass
outflow, or is it
in a fixed position?

I'd be interested in fabricating new skirted thermostats.  Maybe I can make
a buck doing it too?  I have an old head and thermostat housing lying
around here.
I pulled out the thermostat, and voila, a non-skirted replacement type.

Does anybody have a defunct skirted thermostat that they would mail me?
I'll see what it takes to make new ones.  Best of all, does anybody have
any engineering drawings of the skirted types?  My factory service manual
only has one poor picture of one.  Can't tell anything about it from there.

-Tony
ARhodes@compuserve.com