re: Overdrive solenoid

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Peter Wilson <Peter.Wilson@vsl.com.au>
Subject: re: Overdrive solenoid
From: "Bruce A. Krobusek" <BruceKro@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 23:19:58 -0400
Peter:

Regarding your TR6 overdrive solenoid problem, I just got done
fighting the same gremlin. In my case it turned out that the
overdrive relay contacts had become corroded / oxidized to the
point where they acted as a current-limiting resistor in the
circuit and never allowed the O/D solenoid to get enough
voltage / current to engage. Running an emery board through
the contacts cleared up the problem.

BTW - the overdrive relay is under the hood. I went through the
exercise of pulling the transmission tunnel, etc. for nothing.
<sigh>

I hope this helps.

     Bruce

      Bruce A. Krobusek