Re: New Floor

To: Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>
Subject: Re: New Floor
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 18:04:20 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Sumner Weisman wrote:

> I plan on having a sheet metal shop cut me a piece of galvanized iron.  If
> anybody's interested, the dimensions are 15 X 21 inches.  Does anyone have
> a feel for how thick it ought to be?  I'm thinking somewhere between 12 and
> 16 gauge.

If you put ribs in it (like the original floor has) then 16ga will be OK.
If you're just going to stick it in the hole, then 12 or 14 will be
better.

Personally I would use the 16ga and put a flange or bend on 2 edges to
stop it from flexing.  Probably won't stop it from oil-canning (but it
will stop your feet from draggin on the ground!!)

-Malcolm