Re: Where are they?

To: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: Where are they?
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 13:06:07 -0500
Cc: "List, Tiumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

    Gregory>    I believe most have returned to their
    Gregory> homes... Of those that don't they probably have
    Gregory> fallen afoul of the Wisconsin visitors
    Gregory> requirement and are still there until these
    Gregory> requirement are fulfilled...

    Gregory>    ...And what are these requirements???

    Gregory>    1. All visitors are required by law to
    Gregory> purchase 5 pounds or eat one pound of cheese

Done.  You may, in a pinch, substitute one dozen cream puffs
or a months' worth of Friday fish-fry if you live _in_ Milwaukee.

    Gregory>    2. Serve up one pint of blood to the Wisconsin
    Gregory> mosquito (from whome Canadian mosquitos get their
    Gregory> training)

Done in my first night here.

    Gregory>    3. Eat a dozen bratwurst

Done in my first two months here, probably.

    Gregory>    4. Consume at least a quarter keg of what
    Gregory> Milwaukee made famous

This is why I'm stuck in Milwaukee for the rest of my natural
days.  I can't stomach Miller products unless it's a choice of
that or warm dishwater.  Luckily, there are several fine local
micros.  And several bars who serve beer as "properly" as you
can in the United States of Litigation^H^H^H^H^H^H America and
not have the health board shut you down.  (which does, alas,
disallow hand-pulled pints or live cask-conditioned ale except
in very limited locales).

                                                        -MM

P.S. Sorry to have missed all you'all when you were in my
     backyard, but I'm glad you had fun.  Maybe I'll see you
     in ME.