Triumph Spitfire MkIV Breaking

To: Triumph List <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Triumph Spitfire MkIV Breaking
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 19:16:41 -0700
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.classic
Hi,
    I am currently dismantling a 1973 Spitfire MKIV, which had been
started as a 2 Litre conversion. Much of the car has now gone, but I
still have a 2 Litre engine and the Bodyshell.
    The engine is I believe from a 2000 Saloon (MkII), and has been
rebuilt with a reground crank and +60 Hepolite pistons. This is an
assembled short engine, which though all new and shiny, has been left
open in a workshop, and ought to be dismantled and reassembled to ensure
cleanliness. I'm not sure that all the other components are there as it
was in it's current state when I bought it, but it would be a good
substitute engine for someone with all the correct bits to finish it
(ie, you were going to rebuild an existing engine!)
    The bodyshell is generally quite solid, though the floors and sills
need replacement. Rear wings seem good enough, and the bulkhead and
screen area is very good indeed. I don't want to cut up the shell, but
it takes up a lot of room - anyone interested???
    I also have the chassis available, though the running gear will
probably get used under some Herald or other!
    If anyone is interested, everything is in the UK in Swindon,
Wiltshire, and my e-mail address is attached,
    Regards,
        Bill.

--
                            This Message sent by: