Re: TR6 misfiring / diagnosis needed!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 misfiring / diagnosis needed!
From: glite <glite@eos.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 12:43:03 -0400
richard bacon wrote:

> Folks, my  TR6 misses very badly on acceleration. It then picks up when
> revving higher and when cruising on the freeway, it will regularly miss
> a beat.
> I run a Crane 700, MSD MasterBlaster coil (40 000) and ballast resistor.
> Spark is strong on every cylinder, compression 125-130 on every
> cylinder.
> I've been fiddling with valve adjustements.
> Should I check the carbs? Is the engine running to rich?
> Help!

Rick:

Check if the distributor is advancing (or retarding - I never know
which), that is, does the six sided cam in the distributor, move
independently of the distributor shaft.  I had a high speed random miss
in my 6,  drove me nuts until an some guy pointed out that the cam has
seized to the shaft.

Some WD-40 on the screw that is on top of the distributor shaft and some
ten minutes later, smooth as glass!

george leicht