re Cutting Masonite

To: <kengano@advant.com>
Subject: re Cutting Masonite
From: "Chris Leah" <crl@intekom.co.za>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 19:16:47 +0200charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Ken,
I also used 1/8" Masonite when I redid the Spit's interior. I used Sellotape
which is a transparent adhesive tape (not sure of the brand name in the US,
but I'm sure 3M will do something similar). Place the tape over your cutting
line (on the smooth side of the Masonite, not the rough) and then use your
jigsaw or scroll saw. The tape will not completely eliminate the rough
edges, but will reduce it so that only a little clean up with sandpaper is
required. Make sure the tape is properly stuck to the Masonite. I rub it
down with the ball of my thumb.
I also use this trick when cutting Masonite or plywood on the radial arm
saw.
My apologies for the delay. I have only just got to Friday's Digest!
Regards
Chris Leah
Durban, South Africa
'66 Spitfire Mk2