TR3 questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 questions
From: "Coday Family" <coday@localaccess.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 07:43:23 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Coday@Mail.localaccess.com>
Well, I am back in the garage working on the TR3 and have some
questions.

Trying to get the frame for the soft top right.  When I got the car,
the straps on the frame were gone, rotted away.  Have replaced but
trying to find the right angles and distance between the various
bars.  It's starting to look right as I keep adjusting, but I need
help with the bar closest to the windscreen.  When it pops in place,
does it rest at is base against the middle bar?  or does it float
somewhere in between with the tension of the top and strap holding it
in place?  I assume the former, but would like to know for sure.

Second question.  Have to reupholster the door windows.  To do this,
I need to get the plexi (or whatever it is) out of the frames.  DPO
had attempted reupholstery with some kind of white plastic material.
It's a mess.  Looks like DPO had gotten the window material out, then
applied lots of epoxy like stuff to the front of the bar to put it
back together.  Not very professional and also obscures my ability to
figure out how this window unit was originally put together.  Any
hints?

Also ordered the speed bleeders and hope to have them installed this
weekend.  Have one broken bleeder to get out in the process.
Ordering was easy over the net, gave the model and year, they speed
bleeder guy sent the package including a fifth for the clutch slave.

I may get on the road this year!!  (if I do, watch out for me, I will
be the slow guy in the fast lane, Ice Blue TR3 with black interior)

Geezer

Mike

59 TR3 TS52320 (a daily driver wannabe)