Thanks for TR6 - Dieseling Recommendations

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Thanks for TR6 - Dieseling Recommendations
From: "Martin Gonzales" <mxgo@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 07:30:26 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
All:

Thanks for your recommendations, based on these recommendations I will do
the following:

1. Spark Plugs:  Buy Champion N9Y a colder plug
2. Decrease idle from 1150 to 850 rpms
3. Lean out carbs, I have already done this
4. Timing: I have already retarded timing from 8 to 4 degrees BTDC, will
retard further.
5. Anti-dieseling: reconnect, however I believe that my ignition switch may
be wired incorrectly since when connected it shuts down engine.  The switch
is wired as follows: Position #1 - white/red wire (starter), Position #2
large brown (alternator) and brown with brown jumper (master lights),
Position #3 large white (all other stuff) and white/pink (radio), Position
#4 brown jumper (from position #2 brown) and brown/red (anti-dieseling).

The 75- 76 wire diagram shows a sixth position to which the brown/red
anti-dieseling wire is connected.

Question:  for the anti-dieseling valve to work properly which is the
correct position for the valve.

6.  Worst case: take head off and have combustion chambers polished.

Martin Gonzales
73 TR6
San Jose, CA