Re: TR6 - dieseling

To: Martin Gonzales <mxgo@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 - dieseling
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 01:50:42 -0700
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Martin,

When the head work was done, were all the sharp edges carefully
chamfered and deburred? One cause I've heard is a sharp edge can "glow"
and cause dieseling and or pre-ignition. I'm running 10.5:1 on a TR 4,
have never had a problem (of that particular type!)

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602

--