Re: Re Re: Ford I.D. (Non LBC)

To: David Hill <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>, streeter@sanders.com
Subject: Re: Re Re: Ford I.D. (Non LBC)
From: Harris Goodkind <tr_250@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 22:23:20 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
The Taurus/Sable generally had the 3.0 liter V6 and Ford's AOD 4-speed
automatic.  An optional 3.8 V6 was available.  There are some unique
models out there, too.  Ford actually put a 4-cylinder and a 5 speed
in the Taurus for a couple years following its introduction and called
it the MT-5 (Manual Transmission-5 speed; clever, huh?).  And there
was the Taurus SHO (Super High Output) model powered by a nifty Yamaha
V6 and backed by either a 5 speed or automatic.

---David Hill <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com> wrote:

> Hi, All,
>
> So, it's a Taurus or a Mercury Sable.
>
> Again as a matter of interest, I'd like to know which engine/gearbox
> combination appeared in these cars. I find it odd that in the UK, the
> 'biggest' production Ford with FWD is the Escort, the contemporary
Sierras
> and Granadas being RWD.
>
> Does anyone know what that is all about?
>
> Yours curiously,
>
> Dave Hill, UK.
>
> '72 2.5PI
> '86 Scimitar SS1...with Escort XR3 engine, Sierra gearbox and RWD :-)

==
Harris Goodkind
Triumph TR250 Registry
TR_250@yahoo.com