Companies responsible for the making of our beloved TRiumphs ?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Companies responsible for the making of our beloved TRiumphs ?
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:16:48 EDT
Cc: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Lockheed: brakes
A.W.Chapman Ltd: seat slides.
Universal Dampers Organisation: Telaflo shock absorbers.
B.T.Woodproducts (Motor Accessories Ltd): Wooden facias
A.Schraders's Son: Schrader Tyre Valves
The Park Gate Iron & Steel Company Rotherham: Steels
Automotive Products Company Ltd: Purolator Oil Filters
Smiths: Bluecol Antifreeze etc
C.P.Witter Ltd: Towing brackets
Lodge Plugs Ltd: Sparking Plugs
Coventry Radiator & Presswork Co.Ltd: Radiators
Dunlop: Tyres
Joseph Lucas Ltd: Electrical equipment
Michelin Tyre Co Ltd: Tyres
W.G.Electrical Welding & Engineering Company Ltd: Starter Ring Gears
Wellworthy Ltd: Pistons
Goodyear: Tyres
Castol:Lubricants
AC-Delco: Oil, Air & Fuel Filters
The Steel Company of Wales Ltd: Sheet Steel.
Connolly Bros (Curriers),Ltd: Leather
Romac Industries Ltd: Seat Belts
Docker Brothers: Paints, Lacquers & Varnishes
Solex Ltd: Carburettors
Girling Ltd: Brakes
Wilmot Breeden: Bumpers,Over-riders,Ignition Locks,Door Handles & Locks,Window
Winders,Steering Wheels,Locking petrol caps,Roof Lamps & Switches,Badges &
Mascots,Bonnet Hinges,Body Mouldings,Grilles,Ash Trays & Hydraulic Electric
equipment etc.
Toledo Woodhead: Laminated (leaf) Springs
Dunford & Elliott (Sheffield) Ltd: 'Dunelt' Alloy and special Carbon-Steels
Trico-Folberth Ltd: Windscreen Washers
Ferodo Ltd: Brake Linings
John Garrington & Sons Ltd: Hand Tools
Guest,Keen & Nettlefolds (Midlands) Ltd.(GKN): Bolts & Nuts
Smethwick Drop Forgings Ltd: Gear Forgings
Cornercroft Ltd: Registration(Licence) plates (ie:'ACE' Silver Peak) &
Rimbellisher wheel trims.
I could go on, and on, and on, but I won't.
And how about the manufacturers of machine tools in the Standard-Triumph
factories ? like: Coventry Gauge & Tool Company Ltd or Wickman Ltd Machine
Tool Division ? Where would we all be without them ?
Enough
Leon