Re: Companies responsible for the making of our beloved TRiumphs ?

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Subject: Re: Companies responsible for the making of our beloved TRiumphs ?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 15:55:22 -0700
Cc: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
GuyotLeonF@aol.com wrote:

> Notwithstanding the fact that automobiles already cost almost twice the price
> here in the UK, that they do in the USA.
> Leon

But Leon, as far back as I can remember they always have.  I recall
walking around London in 1972 and strolling past a Lincoln Showroom and
noting that the Continental in the window as marked 11,000 pounds.  I
think in the US, the same car was being sold for much less than 11,000
dollars.  The exchange rate was about 2.4 dollars to the pound.  Ouch!

Joe Curry

--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer