RE: non-functional rear brakes

To: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Subject: RE: non-functional rear brakes
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 12:32:18 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 13:14 24/06/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Allen,
>Whatabout the hose that goes from the chassis to the rear axle? I don't
>remember the setup in detail, as my TR7 days are over two years ago, but
>I seem to remember, that there is aflexible hose connecting the feed
>pipe to the rear axle which in turn provides the two steel pipes ?

Gernot,

You're absolutely right - I just discovered it in my parts catalogue. (Don't
know how I missed it when I was under the car, but it was late, dark,
cramped, and miserable, as was I!) I'll check if it is still patent, and, if
not, replace it and the front hoses ($41.50 each!) as well.

BTW, a friend of mine reckons copper brake lines will work-harden and
fatigue, due to vibration, and that I should stick with the factory steel
ones. Any comments from the Listers?

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia