Re: Budget time... TR4 hoodsticks

To: walker05@camosun.bc.ca, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Budget time... TR4 hoodsticks
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:16:02 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-23 13:05:16 EDT, walker05@camosun.bc.ca writes:

> What's the going price for a (used!) hoodstick assembly for a TR4?  I'm
>  looking for the kind that the top comes right off and stows in the trunk.

Malcolm, check with the list.  Someone might have a parts car sitting around
which has the "sticks".  Then you could negotiate the price so that you both
are happy.  You might also want to check the usual suppliers and see what a
new set would cost.  That will give you a start point on price.

> Is it possible to get a hood for $150 or less?  (used doesn't matter... even
ripped, > I can fix it...:-))

You might be able to find a used one.  However, I'd check the price for a new
one (Robbins or AMCO) from TRF, VB, Moss, BPNW etc.  You might be surprised at
the price.  The tops last for years with normal care.  Cheers.

Art Kelly