RE: WaterWetter

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: RE: WaterWetter
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:02:58
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Peter,

You have a very good point with your concern over the use of water and
WaterWetter, without any antifreeze.  I wasn't sure about the lubricating
proterties of WaterWetter, so I went to Redlines site and found the
technical page for WaterWetter. It is as follows:

<http://www.redlineoil.com/wwti.htm>

A small portion of the technical page is a benefits summary, which I have
pasted in below:

+++++++

BENEFIT SUMMARY

     Doubles the wetting ability of water
     Improves heat transfer
     Reduces cylinder head temperatures
     May allow more spark advance for increased torque
     Reduces rust, corrosion and electrolysis of all metals
     Provides long term corrosion protection
=>   Cleans and lubricates water pump seals
     Prevents foaming
     Reduces cavitation corrosion
     Complexes with hard water to reduce scale

+++++++

The tech page has lots more good info, including some verbiage about the
anti-scaling ingredients in this product being able to REMOVE some scale if
it is used with distilled or deionized water.  I can't vouch for the
validity of this claim, but I do believe the product helps keep my cars
running cooler.

Sorry I didn't provide more data on my first post, but the bottom line is
that waterwetter and water is fine.

BTW - I have no interest, etc. in Redline or it's products, other than
being a satisfied customer.

Later,

Jack