WaterWetter

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: WaterWetter
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 17:29:40
Art Kelley said:
>FWIW, water is a better coolant than anti-freeze.  However it does bad things
>to your cooling system - rust, corrosion and - if it freezes solid -boom.  A
>mixture of 50/50 is touted by the chemical manufacturers because it 1)
ensures
>that the inhibitors etc. in the anti-freeze are there to prevent those
>problems and 2) it sells more of their product.
>
>But 70/30 (water/antifreeze) works ok for me in the Florida summer.  Seems to
>give enough protection. (I also use water-wetter.)

<snip>

WaterWetter has a complete anti-corrosive additive package, suitable for
use without antifreeze for corrosion protection.  I use WaterWetter too,
and use the 70/30 water/antifreeze mix so that if I should lose the heat in
the house during the winter, (and the little bit of heat that gets to the
attached garage) I won't crack my block.

In Florida, I would use WaterWetter and water only.  Waterwetter is made by
Redline Lubricants.  Give them a call and talk to them about it at
800-624-7958.  It's great stuff and not badly priced at PEP Boys
($6.95/bottle)

BTW - Two additional points.  I have heard mechanics on the SAAB list
strongly recommend the use of Mercedes-Benz antifreeze ($10/gal) because it
is double buffered to reduce the build up of salts and other minerals in
the cooling system.  Also, using demineralized water is even better, no
matter what else you run in the cooling system.  Do I do this?  M-B
coolant-Yes; Demineralilzed water-No.

As always, your mileage may vary.  :-)

Jack