Re: Stuck lug nuts.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, rogerh@digimation.com
Subject: Re: Stuck lug nuts.
From: "Roger Berggren" <e_red@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 20:46:15 PDT
Roger,
     I would say heat it.  Had a similiar problem removing the Axel from
an Audi.  Oh, if you have used a lot of the old WD40 be sure to clean it
off before firing up a torch.  Sometimes in the heat of battle I loose
common sense...  Breaking them would be too much trouble.

Roger Berggren
'79 Spitfire

    I have two lug nuts that refuse to budge. I already broke a 3/4
socket with the impact wrench.  Anyone have any ideas how to get them to
break?  I have already tried a 1/2 ratchet with a cheater bar,  impact
wrench, goobs of penetrating oil etc...

    I was thinking about drilling out the center of the nut and stud in
hope the stud. Then using the impact wrench again to break the stud.
Does this sound like a good idea?

BTW Sears replaced the broken socket with out a question. What a great
warranty.
--
Roger Helman                  71 TR6 CC67866L
Digimation Inc.               http://deepthought.digimation.com/rogerh/