Re: Transmission woes

To: "Robert Van and Ann Cross" <vancross@visuallink.com>
Subject: Re: Transmission woes
From: "Lorrain Woods" <fogbros@nb.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:20:52 -0400
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Bob,

That's an easy one: the countershaft gear has lost or chipped a tooth. I
would describe the sound as more pronounced that a clicking noise but
whatever... Don't know if new ones are available but plenty of good used
gearboxes around for around $100. Seems as though no one wants a non
synchro gearbox. Might as well be driving cars with automatics as have
first gear synchronized.

Is anyone reading this??

There are several available on the TRF website; "cars for sale", "parts for
sale". There are several in my basement.

Ed Woods