Re: Tubes?

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>, JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Tubes?
From: Robert Rudolphi <robertr@digex.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:53:50 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
  One major point I would like to make about using tubes is that if you
pick up a nail and puncture the tube your tire will go flat instantly
because of the lack of sealing point around the valve stem. A tubeless tire
will more then likely just develop a slow leak. I used to work for a tire
store and we would get may customers in with several nails, screws,
whatever sticking through their tubeless tires never even realized there
was a problem, they just needed new tires. I also remember more often then
not leaving the tubes out of original tube type Michelin red lines for the
same reason. They seemed to seat on the rims and hold air fine with out
tubes. IMHO leave the tubes out whenever possible.