RE: Tubes?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Tubes?
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 13:05:02 +0100
Ok, to clear the point: these 63 rims can be used for tubeless no
problem.
But as in staying with the original question, if you permanently loose
air its not a question if the rims were designed for the use but what to
do against it eh? And so you can either use rubber sealant or tubes. The
lower the profile of the tyre, the worse use of tubes is. Low profile
tyres are not designed for use with tubes, so be aware those TR4/5/6
owners who go for low prof tyres on wires, these tubes can blow due to
chafing in the inner ribs of the tyres.

Gernot