Re: TR6 - Trailing arm bushings

To: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 - Trailing arm bushings
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 19:22:33 -0600
I've always done it with the trailing arms off, but I'm sure something
could be rigged up with a c-clamp or a specialized tool.  What works
for me is a threaded rod, some short sections of 2" PVC pipe to collect
the bushing and a collection of big washers and nuts on both ends and a
long socket in the middle to push out the old bushing. I am impatient,
so I drill out portions of the old rubber bushing to make removal
easier prior to starting this ritual. Don't waste your time with new
rubber bushings, buy Poly for a softer ride or Nylatron. You don't want
to do this job again every 2 years. You won't believe the difference
this makes in the handling of the car!

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6's, TR250's, TR3A vintage race