Re: ARGHGHGHGH ! (Sybill won't start)

To: carol@dalton-rosberg.com
Subject: Re: ARGHGHGHGH ! (Sybill won't start)
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:27:57 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I disabled the seatbelt interlocks by shorting 2 or 3 pins in the module under
the dash of my 74 Spitfire, but that was 20+ years ago.  I vaguely remember a
multi-pin roundish plug into the module which I jumped 2 or so contacts to
bypass the seat interlocks.  Car's still in storage, so can't go look.

I don't think you need a person in the seat to de-activete that seat, the
person in the seat makes it necessary to close that seatbelt.  Probably the
contacts in the seatbelt harness aren't working and therefore preventing the
starting of the car.  I'm sure close inspection of a proper wiring diagram
will explain what to do, or just sack it all as Andy suggested...

Clark