Re: ARGHGHGHGH ! (Sybill won't start)

To: Carol Zingone <carol@dalton-rosberg.com>
Subject: Re: ARGHGHGHGH ! (Sybill won't start)
From: Dana & Jane Du Fresne <pumacon@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 13:10:33 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Carol Zingone wrote:

> Listers --
>
> My car is sentient -- I now have proof.
>
> After starting and driving beautifully the other day, I change out a
> hose to ensure a pleasant experience for the next drive (s).  Get in to
> start it up so I can determine if I've tightened the clamps enough and
> to make sure there are no leaks.
>
> Won't start.  Annoying seat belt light and buzzer come on.  Fasten seat
> belt.  Same thing.  Fasten passenger seat belt. Same thing.  Close
> door.  same thing (see the aggravating pattern ?!)
>
> Long story short -- she did this on Sunday, but started fine once both
> belts were fastened around both passengers.  Has only done this once
> before yesterday and Sunday.
>
> Book has many diagrams/schematics.  How do I disconnect this bloody
> annoying English built-in short-circuit system ????
>
> Much thanks in advance --
>
> Carol Zingone
> 74 TR6 -- Sybill (both in the corner due to poor behavior)
Sybill sounds like quite the car, my wife refers to my saffron yellow
'72 as the blond bitch.

Your problem could be that there are sensors in the seat as well.
Someone (something) has to be sitting in the seat for the sensor to
engage.  However, I don't know if this will acually prevent the car from
starting.  Considering the already known effects of Triumph electrical
systems, I would disconnect the seatbelt and seat sensors, that is, of
course if disconnection doesn't prevent the car from starting.  I never
re-installed my seat sensors after the seat rebuild....no problems.

Good Luck,
Dana....72 TR6