Re: It won't start

To: "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: It won't start
From: "Jane Burdekin" <burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 12:59:03 -0600
Cc: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I was very careful about the spark plug leads and yes I have double and
triple checked them.  It may be the sediment thing, I sure hope not.  I
can't see any debris in the filter, and there is fuel dripping from the
rear carb so I don't think it's that.  It does nearly catch, has a couple
of fires then the starter just spins.  What would that mean.  I just
changed back to the old condensor and may go back to the old points next,
they don't look burned at all.   The new ones on the other hand look a
little off, meaning the contacts are not exactly  together.  That could do
it.

Thanks to all you guys with the immediate answers, that has helped a whole
lot.

Jane