Re: Clutch slave

To: Richard Taylor <rgt3000@one.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch slave
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 07:55:00 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Richard Taylor wrote:

> I recently read about the clutch slave cylinder on the list
> and the bleeding of the slave.  I am wondering, my slave
> cylinder is mounted with the bleeder screw on the bottom - is
> this correct?  I am not sure how you would ever get the air
> out if this is correct.  My clutch works, so I am wondering
> if it matters

Rick,

  Your clutch slave cylinder is mounted upside down.  Given
that your clutch works, I wouldn't change it now.  However,
the next time that the clutch hydraulics need to be bled,
it would make a lot of sense to remove the slave cylinder
and then mount it again right-side-up.

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org

--