Re: What price for Heritage for a genuine piece of Triumph

To: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: What price for Heritage for a genuine piece of Triumph
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 12:41:37 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, rw20232@deere.com
jonmac wrote:

> Well, what a response to an overnight posting.
>
> My little pile of Triumph bricks has got itself allocated
>
> John Macartney

Gosh, Jon, I want one of these really badly but am not in a position to
outbid my more well heeled peers. I'm a retired guy who spends his spare
time supporting his racing habit by building TR race engines, and I
spend all my discretionary income maintaining my TR4 vintage racer. $50
buys two cans of 110 octane gas, you know.

Would you consider an appeal to your sympathy?

If I were awarded one of these bricks for a price somewhat lower than
$50, I promise to:

1. Drink warmer beer for awhile
2. Refrain from insulting Lucas products for six months
3. Make one genuine parts purchase from a U.K. parts supplier
4. Learn which way is up on the British flag and fly mine properly
5. Pour BP oil through my TR next time (it doesn't stay there long)
6. Drink my Scotch without ice cubes next time
7. In fact, replace my summer iced tea beverages with warm stuff
9. Stop referring to the Revolutionary War in conversation, replacing it
with "England's gesture of awarding the Colonies their independence"
10. Refrain from telling my friends that Triumph bodies came from
England pre-rusted.......

Or, if that doesn't work, would you consider selling one to a consortium
of buyers who would pass it around, house-to-house?

--
uncle jack the carfrek
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer