RE: TR6 - Proper oil for overdrive gearbox

To: "'InnaComa@aol.com'" <InnaComa@aol.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 - Proper oil for overdrive gearbox
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 15:13:42 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Other opinions may surface but...

My J-type functions just fine with 90wt GL4 (note: GL4 is important, don't
use GL5 - apparently GL5 will cause premature wear on any yellow metal
components in the gearbox and overdrive). I use StaLube I think which I
bought at a generic Auto Parts store in Seattle (I live in Canada and I had
a hard time finding GL4, only found GL5).

FWIW, my o/d engages in about 1/2 second after I flip the switch.

Good luck,

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada