Re: Ammeter

To: bschwart@pacbell.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ammeter
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 16:32:49 EDT

>  I agree with Pat as well.  I have also read that a voltmeter detects
>  >problems within  the electrical system faster than an ammeter.  Plus it is
>  >real easy to find an early to mid eighties jag at a junk yard with the
> smiths
>  >guage on there.  Volmeter that is.
>  ********************************
>  As usual with opinions, they vary!  I have to disagree, having had both in
>  my car.  This is not a Flame or endorsement, just a difference of opinion.
>  I find it much more informative to see the charge discharge cycle,
>  especially at a glance, than to try to figure if the gauge is reading 13,14
>  15 -ect.  Especially with the rather vague indications on the gauge itself.
>   Now if it was digital-

I agree with Barry -

I have an ammeter in the TR4 and a voltmeter in the 300ZX.  As far as I can
see, the voltmeter really tells me nothing unless I were to have a
catastrophic failure.  The ammeter lets me see what is going on when I fire up
the various electrical circuits.  And it also lets me know how the charging
system is responding.

Waiting for the dissenting opinions.  I can always learn something new. :-)

Art Kelly