Re: Spitfire 1500 carbs

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 carbs
From: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:09:21 -0700
Edward Hamilton wrote:

> Nate,
> Not a typo.  With the exception of cars destined for the North American
> market (which had a single stromberg) the '80 spit had twin HS4's.

Which might help to explain the 10 hp (out of 70!) output difference
between the specs for the Euro and American models... The cams are
different too, and the US had a 3.89 differential, while the brits
got a 3.63.
Oh and they only put those ugly (IMHO) rubber bumpers on the american
ones.

But its a still great car and I drove mine to work today. Only a
couple of drops of rain here in Santa Cruz, CA.

Above specs are from my haynes.

Happy spitting...
--
Reed Mideke                                        rmideke@interbase.com