Re: HELP - TR3 - Silentbloc bush removal

To: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Subject: Re: HELP - TR3 - Silentbloc bush removal
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:06:53 -0700 "HELP - TR3 - Silentbloc bush removal" (Jun 10, 7:53am)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Jack,

I don't think that removing just the top cover of the steering box
is going to give you enough vertical movement on the rocker arm
to disengage the pin from the worm on the steering shaft.

You might try removing the top cover and the big nut on the end
of the rocker shaft and see if by some miracle the drop arm can
be seperated from the spline on the rocker shaft.

Does your car have a two piece steering column? I had always
heard that the reason Triumph went to the two piece column was
so the steering box could be removed without taking the front
apron off. That was always the biggest part of the job for me.
If you can pull the box out without too much trouble you may
be better off just getting it up on the bench to work on it.

Good luck,
Drew

On Jun 10,  7:53am, Jack I. Brooks wrote:
> Subject: HELP - TR3 - Silentbloc bush removal

[snip]

--
Drew Rogge