TR6 Slave Cylinder

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Slave Cylinder
From: Karl Rau <krau@pivot.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 10:41:18 -0400
Just getting around to rebuilding slave and clutch master
cylinder...having finished this job...after some frustration realized
that I had put slave upside down..thus trapping air...once that was
fixed....I CAN get gearbox to engage. Question: while under car, I
noticed that someone had drilled a new/extra hole(closer to the ground)
in the arm the slave piston attaches to. In a post someone mentioned the
piston should be attached to the middle hole! Why would someone do this
and should I move piston back to middle hole?
Also just bought a spin on adapter (oil) from Moss....(TRF was closed
for the day)..any advise for installation..so it won't leak...and which
filter do you think is best.
Thanks

Karl Rau
73 TR6