TR6 Slave Cylinder

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Slave Cylinder
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 23:14:37 -0500
Over the weekend, I began to notice a slight "jingling sound" at idle
with the gearbox in neutral on my TR6.  It is definitely the release
bearing staying in slight contact with the clutch housing fingers - just
enough to keep it rattling/rotating slightly.  My guess is the return
spring in my slave cylinder is going bad.  I can reach under the car and
move the slave pushrod in slightly and the release bearing disengages
completely as it should.  Pushrod is attached in the center hole as it
should be.  The slave cylinder just doesn't seem to be returning quite
far enough in to completely release the bearing.

Opinions?  Am I right on this one - or does someone else's experience
suggest otherwise??

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6
1970 Spitfire