Re: Finding Top Dead Center?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Finding Top Dead Center?
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 22:29:02 -0400
Mike,

Assuming your crankshaft damper/pulley is in good condition, (i.e. the
rubber holding the inner and outer rings together has not delaminated
allowing the timing marks to move in relation to the keyway on the crank)
you can simply find TDC by removing #1 spark plug - stick your finger over
the hole and slowly rotate the engine by pushing the car forward while in
4th gear.  You will feel a rush of air escaping past your finger when #1 is
on its compression stroke.  Watch the timing mark once you feel the air and
stop when it is aligned with the pointer on the front cover.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff   '64 TR-4     '71 TR-6     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505                    www.powerbritish.com/~britcars