True Adventure

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: True Adventure
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 00:23:58 -0600
Hi Listers,

I had a most enjoyable evening last night (monday).  After a sudden
discovery that I was staying within 15 miles of Lew Mckillop I
managed to contact his wife and make arrangements to meet them.

After a short 25 minute drive using the "Excellent!" directions from
Lew's wife I located their house, although I probably couldn't have
missed the place once I got on the right street, all I had to do was
look into the garages and look for the spit parts car sitting there!!

You can tell when someone has the fever when the parts car sits
inside the garage and the daily drivers sit outside.

Boy seeing that car sitting there brought back lots of memories of
1987.  The car he was parting out sure looked like mine did before I
started my restoration.

I consider Lew to be a lucky man, he's got a wonderful wife who just
happens to put up with his LBC addiction and his sailor habits!!.
Thats not something your can find just anywhere.   It would appear
from the several hours of talking to them that he has the bug pretty
bad. I do believe one of the funniest things I heard that night was
that she didn't really care for her first ride in the spitfire.
Can't say as I can blame her.  After all a bucket sitting upside down
doesn't make for the most comforting of seats.  Although it probably
comes close the original mk1 seats!!<g>

Wish I could have seen the spit he's been working on all this time
but it was "conveniently" in the shop getting a tonneau cover put
on!! <G>

Thanks to both of you for the nice meal and the many hours of
conversation.  When you travel as much as I do having an evening like
that is a nice break from sitting in the motel night after night.
Hope I didn't overstay my welcome.

As a side note, his 67 parts car is the first spitfire I've ever seen
that had the bonnet latch locks.  Kind of blew me away.

I guess what I'm trying to get across here is how nice it was to
finally meet someone face to face instead of just over the list.

Later

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Slowly gathering the needed parts)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Suspension just about ready to install)