Moral Delimna Revisted

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Moral Delimna Revisted
From: John Schroth <jschroth@cyberdrive.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 22:41:38 -0400
Back in Dec I posted a question regarding a decision I needed to make on
what to do about about my Spit that needed some repair and the purchase
of a new project car.  The overwhelming response was to fix the Spit and
buy the TR7.  To update everyone - the '76 Spit is back on the road with
a new short block, and the TR7 arrived last weekend.  I guess I'm now
part of the elite multi Triumph owner group.
The TR7 is an '80 conv w/ air.  It was purchased in the summer of '80 in
Cleveland.  When the car had 720 miles on it it was driven into the back
of a semi, eliminating the original owner.  The car was then purchased
at auction for $3700 and repaired.  Windshield frame replaced and
extensive work on the driver side fender.  The new owner put 10K on it
in '81 and '82.  The car has sat since then.  The interior is shot, and
the front floors are bad.  Since about '90 it's been inside covered in
ladders, building materials and other garage stuff.  I first saw the car
in '93.  I then offered the owner, the father of a friend, $500 for it.
He turned me down.  Well, he left us in '95.  His son finally got sick
of tripping over it and sold it to me for $300.
That the you know the history, what should I be looking at as I being to
put this back on the road?  Where can I get some floor pans?  Where do I
start?

John Schroth