Re: TR6 exhaust gasket problem

To: "Brian Day" <1briand@mail.airmail.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 exhaust gasket problem
From: "John Reynolds" <JohnTempe8@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 21:41:31 -0600
I had the same problem with my TR6.  Seems the DPO had installed American
studs and used the stock brass nuts.  I discovered this after snapping a
stud off, just thousandths away from stoping the leak.  Replaced the studs
and used the stock nuts, no more leaks.  I soaked the studs with Kroil for
a week and was able to remove the studs with vice grips.