Re: Spit "clunk"

To: HMENTZEN@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spit "clunk"
From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 22:51:01 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hans,
At the time of purchase, I had a serious "clunking" with my spit.  It occurred
when upshifting and especially when changing directions -- forward to reverse.
In my case, the problem was with regard to the rear leaf (swing) spring.  There
is an access panel, inside the car, to get to the four studs that attach it to
the differential.  Mine were so loose (hand tight) that the spring had lateral
movement and hence the "clunking" noise.  Just a suggestion, good luck with it.

Best regards,
Ed Hamilton