Re: Name That Exhaust Manifold

To: Jack McCarrick <jmccarr@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Name That Exhaust Manifold
From: Harry Ward <harry.ward@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 22:08:57 -0700
Jack McCarrick wrote:

> I am just begining to revive a partially disassembled TR3A using the
> MOSS catalog as a graphic guide to what's missing. The exhaust manifold
> does not match any thing shown and I though one of you might recognize
> it. This manifold has 4 individual pipes that extend all the way to the
> crankcase level individually turn toward the back of the car and then
> collect under the starter.  Shortly after they collect together they
> bolt to the next section of exhaust pipe.  The exhaust beyond this under
> starter collector looks like the book.  The assembly looks to have been
> on the engine for a while.   The castings make me believe it's not home
> built.
>
> A standard manifold is in one of my boxes of parts, if I want to match
> the literature and buy a headpipe.
>
> Any ideas on it's origin or history?
>
> Jack McCarrick
> TR3A   TS 70047L

Greetings Jack:
Sounds like your car has what is known as an aftermarket high performance
exhaust
header installed.  Moss sells them as an auto accessory see pg. A15 of the
April
Catalog.  Other than that can't help identify it as to brand or year installed.
Good Luck:').
H. Ward 59 TR3A TS54794LO Not broke anymore and on the road!