75 Spitfire Distributor

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 75 Spitfire Distributor
From: "rstieg" <rstieg@ci.bartlett.tn.us>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 09:10:10 -0500
My 75 Spitfire (1014 miles since relaunch!) is in need of a tune-up. After
reading the catalogs and popping the distributor cap-I find a standard set
of points beneath the rotor. So it's not electronic ignition.  I see that
63-74 had points '75 and up supposedly have electronic iginition.  So I buy
a rotor and cap for a '74, and the rotor doesn't fit.  It has a different
"prong" and copper "edge" than the one on the car.  Any suggestions???
rick stieg jerky '75 Spit (but determinedly on the road for Brit Car
Week-this year!)