Re. Brakes again......again

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re. Brakes again......again
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 23:53:18 +0100
Allen Nugent wrote......
Does the pedal feel spongy? If so, there is still air in the system. My TR7
is a real pain in the bum to bleed.

Thanks for the reply, Alan,

The pedal pressure is fine, there's no air in the system and it doesn't pump
up. What happens is that the brakes have no 'bite' at anything above 30mph.
They work and reached MOT standards no problem.
They just don't inspire confidence.

A TR6 (carburettored import) I drove the other day had as much brake feel as
anyone could want. I just need to know why mine isn't that good.

Thanks again,

Dave Hill